- Student Info
- English Courses
- About us
- Contact us
- Booking Request
Pre-sessional Summer Programme
in Plymouth and Portsmouth
On the Pre-sessional English course, participants will:
- Expand their English vocabulary.
- Improve their presentation skills in English.
- Develop their ability to write better essays.
- Learn how to listen and take more effective lecture notes.
- Produce more efficient research projects in English language.
- Develop a good understanding of academic texts.
- Explore the features of academic writing.
- Learn how to structure reports and projects.
- Understand a range of different reading strategies.
- Participate in group work with confidence.
- Become more efficient at planning, organising, revising and working to deadlines.
Pre-sessional course in Plymouth or Portsmouth is for:
Individuals who plan to study a degree course in Britain or for those who want to improve their study skills or simply find out what it's all about.
Course structure and method of delivery:
The Pre-sessional course we run in Plymouth and Portsmouth helps to develop the participant's study skills and enables them to prepare for university life. All the necessary skills of academic reading, writing and research will be fully explored. Participants will develop their listening and speaking skills in English while improving their grammar and vocabulary. This is achieved through workshops, individual and group presentations and private research. Delivered in classes to small groups. To give an idea of what participants will do in classes, here's an example of the general themes and topics covered in our functional syllabus.
Pre-sessional programme duration:
23 hours per week for 4 or 8 weeks from July to September.
Class size and level:
Typical class sizes are between 6 and 12. Minimum level is B1+.
CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
Every year from July to September. Starting Mondays (excluding public holidays).
23 hours per week (09:00 to 15:45 inc. breaks)
Contact Meridian School of English:
For all your enquiries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 845 673 3 007